My husband keeps begging me not to make him hate the new song by Drake, Nice For What. He assumed that it was because of the video and that whole “girl power” thing. I had to break it down for him.
- The song samples my FAVORITE Lauryn Hill song, ever. The Ex-Factor.
- The video features all of my faves! Issa Rae, Misty Copeland, Tiffany Haddish, Yara Shahidi and Tracee Ellis Ross all in one video! How can you not?!?!?
- The song is a Bounce song. I grew up on New Orleans Bounce music. It’s a Texas/Louisiana thing! I’m from the South. All southern girls love Bounce.
- It features Big Freedia! You already knowwwwww!
- It has one of the best twerk breaks in the history of ever.
I get all of these things in one song by one of my favorite rappers. (I only have a few anyway) No lie, I legit played the song back to back everyday this week during my morning commute to work. That’s about a 30-minute ride and I enjoyed every single second of it.
Enjoy! Warning! Don’t play this at work! This version is not NSFW.